Monday 5 August 2013

Working Like Catherine Rayner

For me to learn and understand Catherine Rayners style I thought it would be best to go and take some first hand sketches just like Catherine Rayner would do at Edinburgh zoo. However I live a great deal away from a zoo so I went for the next best thing, an owl sanctuary. I went with a note book and artist pencils to take first hand sketches. Some of the owls sat nicely and I was able to take some nice sketches but other owls made it challenging. Overall I feel I got some decent sketches that where full of little details that I wouldn't have achieved if I'd worked from an image. 





I also took some photographs of the birds so I could work on the sketches later in watercolour using the style of Catherine Rayner.

No comments:

Post a Comment