Sunday 22 September 2013

The creation of Bad Badger

So I decided to create my character by gathering images of animals and recreating them in the style of Baseman I remembered to include the oval eyes that he uses on all of his characters and I remembered to use unnatural colours for the fur. By studying images of Baseman's work and different images of animals I made five possible characters. I had to decided out of a pig, bear, llama, squirrel or badger.

 I used a public vote to decide which one had the most potential and the badger won. However it wasn't until later on in the day I noticed that badgers where in the news, they where being shot because they where giving cattle TB. After that I was convinced the badger was the way to go. Baseman used the past to influence his pieces so I'm going to use the news to help me develop my badger. 
Because of badgers reputation in the news I started to develop the badger to look a little more devious and cunning. I decided to name him the only thing I thought would work, 'Bad Badger'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment