Monday 23 September 2013

Designs for the final painting

For my final painting I wanted to create my character in a creative space like Baseman would have done. His paintings have meaning behind them so I wanted mine to have meaning to show that I have truly thought about how the artist works. I based one idea on my past year of university and my experiences of being independent. I've designed the idea in a way that isn't obvious to its meaning. Baseman's paintings aren't obvious so I decided to do the same. The design for this idea is shown below. 



I called the idea 'Bad Badger and Friends' 

I will try to give a rough explanation to the meaning behind the idea. Every Character in the design means something to me, I've represented myself as Bad Badger and the llama and squirrels represent friendships I'd made along the way. The llama is carrying me along helping me through some of the rough patches I'd come across the past year. The worm like creature represents everything that had gone wrong and its wrapping itself around the llamas neck to show that not everything was going as smoothly as I'd hoped. The trees show how I'd grown as a person and how my skills had improved yet the colours oozing out of the branches represent how I have doubted myself as an artist.
This is one of my favourite of the ideas and I already know I want to create this one as my final painting. I will post the other two designs anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment