Tuesday 1 October 2013

My first hand sketches of Marie

I have decided to draw first hand sketches of my pets because I feel this is the best way for me to get a nice result for my final character illustration. It's also because its the way that Beatrix would have worked. I decided to draw first hand sketches of both my cats Marie and Penny.

 It was easier drawing Penny she is a very lazy cat and sleeps most of the time. I managed to get nice studies of her paws however anything like fur detail was almost impossible because Penny's fur is a very dark black.



It was so difficult to sketch Marie she's at an age where she wants to be running around playing instead of letting me get high amounts of detail in my first hand sketches! However I did get a better understanding of how she moves and acts. I also managed to draw a few interesting poses. RESULT!

No comments:

Post a Comment